In line with the most recent government advice we are delighted to announce that Horticentre will be opening its doors once more to customers as of 9am Wednesday 13th May. The health, wellbeing and safety of our staff and customers has and continues to be of top priority and as such we have implemented various procedures to ensure the safety of all. These rules are in line with the most recent government advice and are subject to change as more advice is released. We will be implementing the following steps from opening;
- Limiting the number of people in store to 20 at any one time which will help everyone stay the regulated 2m distance apart. Once this number has been reached, we will be operating a ‘one in, one out’ system.
- Limiting groups entering the store to 2 people per household in-line with government advice.
- A sanitising station has been set up at the front of the store and we require all customers entering the store to use the sanitiser on offer for both their hands and their trolley/basket.
- We have marked out a route through the store and customers should follow this where possible, unfortunately we will not be allowing customers to move against the flow to collect missed items so we are asking that you make sure you collect everything you need as you progress through the store.
- Once customers have collected all their products we have organised our till system to facilitate customers maintaining a safe 2m distance between each other and staff. Please follow staff instructions and be patient as this system is bound to take longer than normal. We also advise that if you are in a couple that only one member of the couple stays to make the payment helping to reduce numbers at the till. Please also where possible use contactless card payments to ensure there is minimal contact with our members of staff.
- Please exit the store in the direction indicated by our signage to avoid crossing over with customers waiting to enter the store and exit in an orderly and swift manner.
- Our customer toilets and cafe will remain closed to customers however we will be operating a takeaway cafe service from a separate order and collection point which a member of staff can direct you to.
- Our staff will be wearing high visibility clothing in addition to masks where possible and we ask that customers respect their distances whilst they try to work within the store. We will also be limiting plant/gardening advice to adhere to the social distancing rules and to protect staff and customers.
We hope that customers accept that these steps are non-negotiable and although we are all going to have to adapt to a new way of shopping our staff will still be as friendly and helpful as always! If you are still self isolating or unable to attend the store we will be continuing to offer our popular ‘Click and Collect’ service via our website www.horticentre.co.uk and our collection procedures will remain the same until further notice. We would like to thank everyone for your continued custom and support throughout this difficult time and we look forward to seeing you all very soon.
The Horticentre Team